Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last Day at Read-Ink …

Exactly a year ago, on this very day I walked into a white, three-storied building in Indiranagar, Bangalore-the office to a start-up called Read-Ink Technologies Private Limited. That was the beginning of my first job…. And today, I am bidding farewell to this place and all the wonderful people I met here.

A lot changed over the last year; personally speaking, I got married, had a laptop blast in my house, realized a new local maximum of my ignorance, got banned, reached a new high in fitness, traveled, trekked, met some amazing people, made a few friends for life and lost a few dear ones to death…. To sum it up, it has been an eventful year!

But as I leave today I am not thinking about all the events that transpired over the last year or about the eventualities that I might have to face in the days to come… instead, my brain is working like a camera capturing humdrum moments of a ‘normal’ day here… things that will remain the same tomorrow as they were before I came…

Maybe at some time in the future I will chalk out the balance sheets for how ‘useful’ this last year has been. But as of today, such algebra is beyond me….

In my life’s book another chapter is closing.... tomorrow there will be no office, no bantering over coffee, no peeping over the cubicle, no meetings, no walks, no ‘goodh foodh’….and no second lunches…

Some how, the knowledge that we are going to leave soon does not stop us from making ourselves at home…. And that applies to life just the same.

Tomorrow will be a new chapter… beginning of new journeys…

But today, I feel like the narrator just gave the verdict… “Priya is dead! Priya is Mafia!!”

Damn! I have to sit out for the rest of the game… AGAIN!